DANCE CLASS PROSPECTUS 2017 Ė 2018
TUESDAYS MAIN HALL
BRONZE, GRADE 1 & SILVER BALLET
BRONZE, GRADE 1 & SILVER TAP
BRONZE, GRADE 1 &SILVER MODERN DANCE
SILVER & GOLD FREESTYLE
ADULT TAP CLASS
WEDNESDAYS MAIN HALL
STARLITE & PRE PRIMARY BALLET, TAP & MODERN/DISCO
STARLITE, PRE BRONZE, BRONZE, SILVER ,
GOLD & BLUE RIBAND CHEER
GRADE 2 - GRADE 4 TAP
GRADE 2 - GRADE 4 MODERN
GRADE 2 - GRADE 4 BALLET
SENIOR & STUDENT FEEESTYLE
SENIOR & STUDENT CHEERLEADING
In order to prevent any misunderstandings on our behalf, I think itís a good idea to clarify our school rules and the expectations we have of our pupils and students, and also to ensure the pupils and students always feel that they are in a structured and safe environment.
ENROLMENT AND ATTENDANCE
1. All dancers should complete an enrolment form at the start of each term in August, stating any illnesses, allergies etc that we should know about. All pupils must pay £2 to enrol.
2. Class fees are paid in five 8 week terms (like school terms). Fees should be paid within the first 3 weeks of the term. Non payment of fees can be an embarrassing situation for all concerned. Fees not paid by week 4 of the term will increase by £5.
3. If your child is absent from class there will be no fee refund. Alternative arrangements can sometimes be made if you can let me know in advance.
4. If your child is absent for 3 weeks in a row with no contact their name will be removed from the register.
5. If your child is absent more than 3 weeks in the 8 week run up to Shows or Exams they may not be allowed to take part.
CLASS CONDUCT 1. The correct class uniform should be purchased and worn to all classes. Either black or tan dance tights, white ankle socks or bare legs is fine depending on how warm the weather (and hall) is. All belongings should be clearly named. Long hair should be tied back from face and neck.
2. All orders for dancewear should be paid for in cash at the time of ordering. Please do not ask to order without payment a refusal can be awkward.
3. Parents will be told if their child is persistently misbehaving. Persistent misbehaviour will result in a verbal warning, then a written warning followed by your child being asked to leave the school. Dance classes are fun but health and safety and equal treatment are very important.
4. All Nursery and Starlite children should have a parent or guardian waiting for them in the changing room. This age group should also taken to the toilet before coming into the class.
5. Children 8 years and under should have either a parent or other adult to go to for help in changing their shoes etc waiting in the changing room for them. This could be one parent for three or four children. This means that if a child is unwell there is an adult to phone home and sit with the child until they are collected.
6. All children under senior age should be collected from the class by a parent or guardian.
7. Mobile phones should be switched off in class.
8. No parents or friends allowed into the class unless previously arranged with the teacher.
SHOWS & EXAMS 1. Dancers will be entered into the Exams and the Show at the Teachers discretion. A full class uniform is needed for both.
2. If your child is absent more than 3 weeks in the 8 week run up to Shows or Exams they may not be allowed to take part.
Iím sure the reason for the formality of rules and behavioural conduct are obvious to all and will make the running of the school and all interaction much smoother in the future.
Thank you for your co-operation in this
Miss Gillian Easdale